We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseshoe Bay parking options

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,295 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Horseshoe Bay parking options

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good (read - CHEAP) alternatives to using the BC Ferries parking lot in HB for a couple of days? We're going to Gambier and will leave the car somewhere on the mainland. BC Ferries charges $14 for 24 hrs, which isn't bad, but I thought I'd just see if there are another other reasonable options. (eg, hubby dumps kids, wife and gear dockside, goes parks car and walks/catches bus back to terminal).

Thanks!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

Park at the ferry terminal Vancouverite67 and save your husband the bus ride :). You can always sell that Volunteer jacket on ebay to pay for the parking!

Seriously though, there are few street parking spots in HB that I have ever seen. Lions Bay same thing but with resident passes required. Caulfield not sure about but would imagine same scenario.

In Nanaimo the parking is restricted in all neighbourhoods within a 20+ minute walk of Departure Bay to 4 hours or less. Bylaw tickets offenders.

I think BCF has you!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,284 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

Horseshoe Bay is all either 3 hr parking or residents only.

You might find a resident who, like at the PNE, will quietly take your money for parking on their property.

There is a lot up higher that I think is run by the Lions. It's kind of across from Gleneagles Elementary School on Marine Drive and next to the overpass that cuts over to the fire station and the hill down into HB.

I found the link!!

http://tiddlycovelions.com/?page_id=11

Edited: 23 March 2010, 22:41
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

Forgot about that lot. My brother in law used to park there a lot (no pun intended). They used to have a shuttle bus down to the ferry.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

Thanks for the link to that lot!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,295 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

THAT'S the one I was after! It was there...what? 20 years ago?... but I didn't know if it was still operating. Cheers!

canmore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

Did you use it? I need to park my car for 6 days starting on a sunday and going through to a Thursday and this sounds like a great option.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

Does the lot have any security or do you have to take your chances???

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,284 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

The link in #2 will answer your question.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,295 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

We used it with no problems. I would use it again in a heartbeat. However, I'm not sure what sort of issues they have there with crime. We were very careful to empty our car before we left home and secured it with with a Club. I've had my car broken into a time or two and these days I accept that possibility pretty much every time I walk away from it. For what its worth, didn't see much broken glass on the ground. Took DH about 15 minutes to drive up and walk back to the terminal (or walk up and drive back down to collect us and our luggage.)

10. Re: Horseshoe Bay parking options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about West Vancouver