We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Indian restaurant in the Isle Of Sheppey

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
574 reviews
Save Topic
Best Indian restaurant in the Isle Of Sheppey

Can people please tell us the best indian restaurant in the Isle of Sheppey?

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Indian restaurant in the Isle Of Sheppey

I went to the indian and Pizza Hut which has recently been opened in leysdown .The food was ok but not brilliant.didnt like the garlic man it was like thick dough.The onion bhaji and chicken tikka was nice.tge chicken makahani ok but rice a bit perfumed.service was laughable.it was a good price.Decor not great .overall it was edible but not very fancy

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
982 posts
697 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Indian restaurant in the Isle Of Sheppey

It rather depends where you are staying, and how much into curry you are. There are two or three in Sheerness, one at the corner of The Leas towards Minster and three in Halfway. There may be others on the island but if so then I am unaware of them.

I have eaten in two in Halfway, but a number of years ago. Both were good but nothing special, although things may have changed since then. I can only judge the others from the outside appearance and I would guess that all are the typical high street Bangladeshi-run curryhouse with similar menus, each probably having a few less common names under the chef’s specials. I would also guess that the food is what I might call ‘formula curry’ although some may do it better than others.

To be honest I doubt that you will find anything above what you can get in most high street Indian restaurants, and probably not as good as many nearer your home town. I am sure you will enjoy it whichever you choose, but I’d probably go for one of those close to where you are staying as I doubt the others will be much different (if you are near Halfway, then with three close together it would be convenient to have a look at all three and decide on appearance and menu).

I should add that my views are slightly coloured by my own background in Indian food and restaurants (as you will see from my TA profile).

Reply to: Best Indian restaurant in the Isle Of Sheppey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isle of Sheppey