We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goat Haunt entry

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
Goat Haunt entry

Hi. We'll be in Waterton in less than two weeks, and can't wait!

We're planning to take the lake cruise to Goat Haunt and hike the Kootenai Lakes Trail. The Waterton Cruise website states that "Citizens from countries other than Canada or the U.S. must present a valid passport and a current I-94 or an I-94W available at U.S. Class A Ports of Entry." We're from the UK, so this will apply to us.

It's not clear to me though that the forms will be available at the Goat Haunt port of entry. If they are not, is there somewhere else I can get them, to enable us to do this hike?

Many thanks

22 replies to this topic
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,868 posts
112 reviews
102 helpful votes
1. Re: Goat Haunt entry

The boat will be met by a Ranger who will welcome you and then explain that if you will be staying longer in Montana than the 20 minute stop from the boat then you need to walk around the shore to the Ranger Station, about 300 metres, and complete the necessary documentation, That being an I-94W in your case. Make sure you have your passports with you.

Edited: 22 July 2018, 12:10
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,868 posts
112 reviews
102 helpful votes
2. Re: Goat Haunt entry

I nearly forgot. When crossing the border and filling out an I-94W, a payment in US cash $7 is required, and I could not see Goat Haunt being any different.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Goat Haunt entry

Thank you - that makes perfect sense!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,868 posts
112 reviews
102 helpful votes
4. Re: Goat Haunt entry

You are very welcome. Enjoy Waterton Lakes. On our cruise there was a brown bear standing on a ledge about 20 metres up staring down at the boat as if licking it's lips. It wandered off before I could get my camera set up. Wonderful sight to see.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Goat Haunt entry

I'm really hoping we see a bear or two - but from a very safe distance. My wife is less keen...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
105 reviews
218 helpful votes
6. Re: Goat Haunt entry

You can also apply and pay for the I-94 online now, up to 7 days prior to your arrival at the US port of entry. It speeds things up a lot, because the background work is done before you arrive. You will still need your passport and birth certificate, when you arrive at customs.

The link to the government website with the necessary info is here:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-…

Enjoy your vacation!

- CG

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
21,611 posts
28 reviews
9 helpful votes
7. Re: Goat Haunt entry

Why would you need a birth certificate if you have a passport? I carry my passport; never my birth certificate when I have a passport.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,868 posts
112 reviews
102 helpful votes
8. Re: Goat Haunt entry

There is no requirement for a birth certificate mentioned in that CBP document linked. Like cbaarch, I would never carry my birth certificate with me and I will be boarding the Clipper in Victoria tomorrow for Seattle. I am comfortable that my passport will suffice, but I will respond tomorrow evening if I am still in Victoria. :)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,548 posts
113 reviews
221 helpful votes
9. Re: Goat Haunt entry

I'm in Waterton currently and there is now a kiosk at the boat cruise office for visitors crossing into the USA. I think if you can call the cruise office they will have the info you need

cruise.info@watertoncruise.com

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Goat Haunt entry

Excellent - thanks everyone. Just over a week now until we fly out from London. Can't wait!

Reply to: Goat Haunt entry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waterton Lakes...