We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

How long on average (obviously it will vary a lot) does it take to commute from city centre to filton area by 1. bus and 2. car in morning rush hour and in the opposite direction in afternoon? Thanks

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
858 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

You are going against the flow so fairly quick.... certainly less than 30 mins once you get on the bus

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

Thanks for the feedback. I'd appreciate if someone else can confirm the above. Is traffic so light going North in the morning? From experience it takes about 45 mins going the other direction by car using the M32. So you are suggesting it is about twice better the other way.

shoestring-UK
Level Contributor
858 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

The Filton buses either go on the A38 Gloucester Rd or along Ashley Down and Filton Ave... both have ques going into town every morning and rarely more than a few cars at the lights going the other way. Obviously the closer you get to 9 the roads do fill up more but the direction of flow is very obvious.

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

Thanks.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

I can confirm what Shoestring has said - assume about 30 minutes by bus although obviously it depends exactly where in Filton you are going to.

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 25 February 2012, 19:35
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

Every morning I drop the beloved from Filton Park to an office near Temple Meads and it takes a good 30 minutes by car. The route is all traffic light controlled so you will get there just be patient - just watch the suicidal cyclists but even |I have gotr used to them.

On bus it takes the same time. We can catch First Bus 75 or 76 and we get off outside Debenhams/ primark or if you stay on we have gotten off at the centre (outside Radisson Blue opposite Hippodrome). The buses are very regular.

7. Re: Rush hour - City Centre to Filton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 18:40