We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation for a large group.

Chester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendation for a large group.

Hi all, rather naively I thought I could book a table for about 16 of us without the faff of preordering or paying a deposit. It turns out many places won't offer it. Anyone know of a restaurant in Chester that'll offer a 'no fuss, just book and turn up' style reservation?!

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation for a large group.

Sorry, can't help as all the restaurants I have dealt with for groups have required either preordering or a deposit and often both.

You have to bear in mind that to accommodate 16 or more of you the restaurant will most probably have to turn away other customers either in advance or on the day. If you then do not turn up they could well have lost most of their takings for the evening.

However, if you you are prepared to give a deposit you will find that Google brings up a number of restaurants in the city that are happy to accept group bookings.

Edited: 03 January 2017, 11:21
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation for a large group.

I've booked a table of 20 at Chez Jules in Northgate Street. Do it every year for a post Christmas dinner. Most other places ask for a £5 deposit or similar, at this time of year pre-ordering isn't so prevalent, but some places still ask for it (nightmare!)

Chester
Level Contributor
22 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation for a large group.

How about la Fattoria??

4. Re: Restaurant recommendation for a large group.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester