We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Driver?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Private Driver?

Can anyone kindly indicate a private driver in the Chester area. Preferably with a Mercedes MPV or similar. I have worked with a guy called Eric or Neil, based in Ellesmere Port, but I somehow lost his number. I'm not looking for a suit and cap corporate service, but my family will be doing a lot of local sightseeing (Shrewsbury, Tatton Park etc) and several airport runs over the Christmas period.

Thank you.

Edited: 06 April 2017, 07:25
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
198 reviews
1. Re: Private Driver?

Maybe Parkers? They should have a website.

England
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
1 review
2. Re: Private Driver?

I second Parkers, they have the standard of vehicles (or similar) you describe.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Private Driver?

Thanks for the tip, I'll get in touch with Parkers. Another question: From our base in Lower Bridge Street we want to visit Dublin as day trip. We can fly from Liverpool or Manchester, and google maps seems to indicate a very similar travel time to either airport. Any comments on which would be the most expedient option? Would Liverpool, being a smaller airport, offer a smoother experience? We could even go from one airport and return to another, if that makes a difference.

Edited: 07 April 2017, 09:54
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Private Driver?

Manchester is a more straightforward journey with motorways all the way. To get to Liverpool you have to go over Runcorn Bridge and there are long term very complicated road works on both sides of the river Marsey in connection with a new bridge and they will seriously disrupt your journey.

Manchester is much bigger than Liverpool but has three terminals to Liverpool's one.. I would expect you to fly from T3 which is the smallest of the three and has a good short stay multi-storey car park linked to it by a footbridge. A spur of the M56 goes right into the airport precinct and IMO signage to the terminals and car parks is a lot clearer and simpler than in most airports I have used.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,557 posts
258 reviews
5. Re: Private Driver?

I would go with which has the flight times that suit you best.

There is little difference time wise between the two ( & that is taking the ongoing roadworks into consideration).

Have to say that I have a preference towards Manchester although mileage wise I am probably closer to Liverpool.

I find the whole driving there/parking/ riding a lot easier and cheaper than Liverpool.

I always price up the two (if there are flights available from both) and hope that Manchester is cheaper!

England
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
1 review
6. Re: Private Driver?

Manchester airport is an all round better experience. In terms of travel, it is longer in miles to reach but shorter in time travelled, more direct, motorway all the way..

Edited: 08 April 2017, 04:40
7. Re: Private Driver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations