We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Within These Walls” and the canal?

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
11 reviews
“Within These Walls” and the canal?

Two questions. I’m in Chester atm; just a waiting for the train home. One of the things I was looking forward to doing was the new Within These Walls attraction. However, I went there today and it was all closed up, with no sign that there was anything there at all. No notice explaining why it was closed: no nothing. It was the same when I tried yesterday. Anyone know what’s going on on? I saw plenty of signs advertising it.

Secondly, a few years ago I attempted to do a walk from the Chester Inside and Out book, which takes you along the canal by the Wall. However, when I tried last time I found that the tow path was shut. I attempted to complete the same walk today, and again found it shut. Is it closed permanently or something? I found it very, very annoying as it was 2014 when I last tried and was hoping to do it properly this time.

7 replies to this topic
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,628 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: “Within These Walls” and the canal?

Chesterbuff will probably provide best answer.

We've walked Chester Walls a little. IMHO, York is offering ultimately better experience in general, and as far as rampant walk is concerned.

Of course, best walk of the kind is in Jerusalem...

Yuri.

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
1,635 reviews
2. Re: “Within These Walls” and the canal?

Well answered Yuri!

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
164 reviews
3. Re: “Within These Walls” and the canal?

T/A obviously thought so!!!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: “Within These Walls” and the canal?

They just told me that they are only open at weekends. That's not what their posters say......

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: “Within These Walls” and the canal?

I pointed out what it said on their posters and the only answer I got back was "Apologies for that". No explanation...........

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
164 reviews
6. Re: “Within These Walls” and the canal?

Interesting,on the web it says Tuesday to Sunday until the end of September,really need to update the info.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,834 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: “Within These Walls” and the canal?

Here is the poster they have put up in various places in the area.

https://flic.kr/p/29yo1VP

As you can see the stated opening times are not the sames as I was told.

Reply to: “Within These Walls” and the canal?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations