We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redland Hotel, Chester

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Redland Hotel, Chester

I am thinking about booking the Redland Hotel, on Hough Green, in Chester. This hotel is not reviewed on Tripadvisor but is mentioned in another guidebook.

We are travelling by train. Will be going to Mold, Wales for business during the day, then enjoying Chester's sights during the evening. The Redland advertises a rate of 70pounds for a double room with ensuite and breakfast. Apparently it's about 1.5 kilometres (1 mile) from the town historical centre.

Is anyone familiar with this lodging?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
1. Re: Redland Hotel, Chester

Sorry I don't know of that particular hotel. But it is one of many similar older Victorian properties along that road that have been converted to B&Bs. It does look charming.

I'd just watch out for a couple of things:

- firstly it's rather more than a mile from the city center. You will need to take a bus or taxi to get to and fro unless you fancy the 30 minute walk each way. It's also on the opposite side of the city centre from the rail station - that's maybe a 45 minute walk.

- secondly be a little careful with the hotel ratings. A couple of web sites describe it as 5-star. It is actually 5-diamonds on the scale for B&B's. That is a very good standard but it's nothing like the service level of a 5-star hotel. Certainly don't expect room service or concierge services. Also there may not be a lift (elevator) to upper floors.

Trip Advisor regular BritFan stayed at Mitchell’s of Chester, 28 Hough Green, Chester CH4 8JQ on a trip last year. I met up with her there. It's a on the same road, a few door nearer the city centre. She rated it very highly and on my brief visit to pick her up it was lovely. Just another option for you.

Chester
1 post
2. Re: Redland Hotel, Chester

The Redland Hotel is no longer operating, it is in the process of being converted into flats. There are however a number of establishments along the same road, they are Homeleigh, Mitchells, Curzon Hotal and the Latymer House which are all graded by the Local Tourist Board, prices will range from around £60 per room per night to £120 per room at the Curzon Hotel. All current deals/rates can be seen at www.visitchester.com

Regards Chester TIC

3. Re: Redland Hotel, Chester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations