We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peaceful Falmouth?

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Peaceful Falmouth?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice?

I want to plan a 7 day holiday to Cornwall in July, it will be my first visit to the area.

Falmouth looks quite central for where I want to visit (Eden Project, Lizard Point, Lands End, St Just, maybe Newquay); but I don't want to stay anywhere that is too busy - plan is for a relaxing time!

Would Falmouth be a good area to stay, or are there other villages/towns nearby that might be better?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions, thanks, Shona :-)

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peaceful Falmouth?

Hi

Falmouth outskirts will be fine :) You could look at Mawnan Smith, Mylor Bridge, Flusing these are very pretty villages located by the water. If you want more info just ask Falmouth is great for all eating and entertaining needs and if you want more detailed information let me know. :) Caz

Derby
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Peaceful Falmouth?

Hi Caz,

Thanks for your help. We have booked an apartment about 2 miles outside Falmouth, for mid July - I can't wait!

Our holiday is self catering, so I wondered if you could recommend any good restaurants in Falmouth and surrounding areas?

I was also trying to find out some more information about boat trips. Can we get to the eden project by a scheduled boat trip and are there any other passenger boat trips to other places in cornwall? (It would be good to be able to leave the car behind some days!)

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply.

Best Wishes, Shona

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peaceful Falmouth?

Hi Shona

Glad you have sorted out somewhere to stay....what area are you in?

Falmouth has all types of Restaurants to suit all budgets and tastes.....So i'll lis some names and you can do a google on them :)

Here is a web site listing all restaurants for you:-

eatoutcornwall.com/cornwall-restaurant/…

My Fav's which are listed on the above site are:-

The Shed, Events Square

Five Degree's West, across the road and up a bit from The Shed!

The Pandora Inn at Mylor Bridge

Ferry Boat Inn, Helford Passage, Mawnan Smith

To name but a few......

Boat trips are found on the Prince of Wales Pier at one end of the town (near the Moor). Check out the following web pages:-

http://www.boattrips-falmouth.co.uk/

There are other boats which leave from here too....some go down the Helford to "Frenchmans Creek" some to up Carrick Roads to a lovely Inn on the creek edge for lunch and back. You can catch a passenger ferry across to St.Mawes - nice to visit or another passenger ferry to Truro.

As for the Eden Project you will need to drive there really, it's about 25 miles and will take between 50 mins - 1hr (traffic dependant!) Try to avoid on a rainy day (i know that would be an ideal day) but so does every other person think it would be good to go then....can get VERY busy!! hehe..

Hope this helps if you want any other info just ask :) Caz

4. Re: Peaceful Falmouth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth