We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

TX
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
37 reviews
Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

We'll be arriving via train ~9pm on a Saturday in March. Will we have any difficulty finding a taxi at the station at that hour, or do we need to book a car ahead of time? We just need someone to drive us the short distance to Paul.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

You usually find that taxis will be waiting for when a train arrives at a station ......However, there's always that one time when there not there! Paul is out of Penzance centre (about 3 miles) and at that time of eve I doubt there would be a bus, so I would make contact with a taxi company beforehand. I've posted a link from Google to start you off :-)

http://www.penzance.co.uk/transport/index.htm?taxi.htm~main_pz

Caz

TX
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

Thanks, Caz. The "one-off event" is what I'm worried about. I'll be with my mother, and don't want to subject her to any fears of having to spend our first night in the train station. ;-) I'll check out your link.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

Good idea!!! :-)

cornwall
1 post
1 review
4. Re: Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

hi i always phone nippy taxis 01736 366666 there is always long waits when i travel from padington lesley

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
370 reviews
5. Re: Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

Where are you trying to get to may I ask, as you are literally five minutes from the bus station depending on where you are going.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
376 reviews
6. Re: Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

Its a bit late to ask that. ,If you read the original post, you will see they were coming in March so have been and gone by now. And also it states they were going to Paul.

Edited: 26 April 2012, 13:37
7. Re: Are taxis readily available at Penzance train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Penzance