We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to West Cornwall

Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to West Cornwall

I am staying in Penzance from 28th September for 5 nights with a coach party. As part of the visit I will be taken to St Ives and Falmouth, but would like to visit Lands End and the Lizard also, can this be done using the bus service? Are there any other towns/places that I should see?

Am staying in Newquay next March so will visit St Austell, Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden project then.

Mentioned in this post
Penzance
Penzance
Cornwall, UK
St Ives
St Ives
Cornwall, UK
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cornwall, UK
The Lizard
The Lizard
Cornwall, UK
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
St Austell
St Austell
Cornwall, UK
The Lost Gardens of Heligan
The Lost Gardens of...
5,266 Reviews
St Austell, UK
Eden Project
Eden Project
10,278 Reviews
Bodelva, UK
Colwyn Bay, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First visit to West Cornwall

Hi,

Thank you mcclaryanna for your reply, exactly the info I was after.

I have never posted a question before despite the many UK places I have visited and am amazed at all the responses, so many thanks to all. I will post a review on my return.

West Hills, CA
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First visit to West Cornwall

Reading this post has been a big help to me as I am beginning to plan at quick trip to West Cornwall for next June. We will only have 3-4 days before we have to be back in Bath to start our tour.

Any other advice from any of you so knowledgeable travelers? I am thinking of staying in either Penzance, St. Ives, or Mousehole, but would love any suggestions as to lodging, sights, food...as of right now we will be using public transportation.

Thanks for any help that comes my way.

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Penzance
Penzance
Cornwall, UK
St Ives
St Ives
Cornwall, UK
Mousehole
Mousehole
Cornwall, UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
962 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First visit to West Cornwall

If you're using public transport then Penzance has an advantage over the other two as there is more of it. It isn't as picturesque as the other two but there are still some lovely buildings and lots of places to eat and drink.

What sort of things do you want to do?

Edited: 26 August 2015, 14:56
Mentioned in this post
Penzance
Penzance
Cornwall, UK
14. Re: First visit to West Cornwall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2016, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Penzance