We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Ives not dog friendly

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
St Ives not dog friendly

I have just been to St Ives today I am on holiday on my own travelling with my dogs I have never experienced such a unfriendly rude unwelcoming town if you have a dog what is the matter with these shops and shopkeepers I was only looking to spend my money unfortunately I had nobody to hold my dogs they are well behaved not looking to mount the counters and run rampage through there kitchens and stores they defend there reactions with health and safety which is unfounded

St Ives is certainly not a place I will be returning to these seaside towns are not in the real world without tourist spending money you are out of business

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

There may well be any number of reasons why dogs are not allowed in stores.

Just because that does not suit you does not mean the whole town is dog unfriendly.

Northamptonshire...
Destination Expert
for Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cotswolds
Level Contributor
5,293 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

It is very difficult to walk into any shops anywhere in the United Kingdom with a dog/s.Cornwall is one of the most dog friendly counties in the country.....i really feel sorry for you as it must be really difficult when you are so limited.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

Sorry, but you cannot just expect to take your dog into shops and restaurants. And I note you say dogs in the plural, so more than one!

There has to be one rule for all. Now your dogs may be clean and well behaved. But not all dogs are. What if a dog bites a customer in the shop? The shop owner would be liable. What if the dog had fleas causing an infestation? So, they can't be saying yes, your dogs can come in but the one behind you can't.

There are plenty of places that do allow dogs, but as you have discovered, not all do.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

Cornwall may well be friendly towards dogs but St Ives is certainly not .

Went to Rockpool bar and grill absolutely fantastic walked up to the bar ordered drinks food no lunatics having a out of body experience because there was a dog on the premises also it was packed serving good and drinks to people with there dogs, for than I can say for the establishment I visited today they were empty I wonder why .

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

What research did you carry out before your visit which suggested that this was a dog-friendly town ? If none - why did you choose it ?

Mike

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

"Went to Rockpool bar and grill absolutely fantastic walked up to the bar ordered drinks food no lunatics having a out of body experience because there was a dog on the premises also it was packed serving good and drinks to people with there dogs, for than I can say for the establishment I visited today they were empty I wonder why ."

You do ramble on.

Some punctuation might help.

Oh and how long did it take you to visit every premises in St Ives? Must have been quite a trek going round them all to find out that none allow dogs.

Sheffield, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

Some punctuation would definitely help. Funny how your 2 reviews of business you have written are identical!! People selling food and other goods don't want dogs all over any of it, well behaved or not, it's not hygenic!

Now how many shops actually let yuou take a dog in them these days? Cos you got thrown out with you flea bitten mongrels the whole area is horrible with horrible staff!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

In April I went to the Sloop Inn on St Ives Harbour and at least 4 customers were in there with their dogs while dinners were being served.

england
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

The shops in St Ives are often small and in season crowded. Other customers do not appreciate selfish people taking up all the space with dogs, especially if they are food shops. If the shop does not have a hook outside where you can tie a dogs lead there is likely to be something nearby you can tie it to.

I have read some of your reviews and feel you are reviewing them only for their attitude to your dogs, not fair reviews where that is but one part of the review.

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St Ives not dog friendly

Sloop, Balcony Bar, Queens, Hub, Castle, Porthmeor Beach Cafe Terrace all allowed dogs in last time we took ours. Bamaluz Beach dog friendly all year round. If you did a bit of research you would have been fine.

Get answers to your questions about St Ives
Recent Conversations