We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving out to gastro pubs

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
189 reviews
200 helpful votes
Driving out to gastro pubs

We're having a late 'summer's 4 night stay in the imperial. Can anyone suggest some really nice pubs to drive out to, to eat at...lunch or early evening, ....I know of Orestone Manor,(not a pub I know) and will enjoy eating there if still open. But want to drive places as we will be exploring the Torbay area,it's so beautiful.

6 replies to this topic
LB
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
77 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: Driving out to gastro pubs

It isn't my area so I apologise at the lack of suggestions but you may want to look at the Salutation Inn, Topsham - certainly a drive I would take. Lovely food and a very relaxed ambience.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
189 reviews
200 helpful votes
2. Re: Driving out to gastro pubs

Thank you, I have got idea's from TA, but its always nice to get posts like yours. Its my hubby's birthday there, so every meal has to be special x

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
447 posts
193 reviews
54 helpful votes
3. Re: Driving out to gastro pubs

Have a look at the Castle Inn in Holcombe.

We were back at there a couple of weeks ago and the food and atmosphere was as good as it was when we were there in March.

Lovely friendly village pub, menu not huge but also a specials board. Suggest you book a table as they don't have many and the night we went (we'd booked) all were reserved.

https://castleinnholcombe.co.uk/

Opens at 6pm I think and we booked for 6pm both visits.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
189 reviews
200 helpful votes
4. Re: Driving out to gastro pubs

Thank you, I will check it out. And will definitely book early, we always book first sittings.... 12 noon. And 6pm too.

I do need to be there to choose tables

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
189 reviews
200 helpful votes
5. Re: Driving out to gastro pubs

I went last night....wow! Thank you for the suggestion, it was A.mazing....food was over and above expectations.

Writing review now.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
628 posts
189 reviews
200 helpful votes
6. Re: Driving out to gastro pubs

Going this week, booked and looking forward to it. Watch this space, many thanks 😊

Reply to: Driving out to gastro pubs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torquay
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.