We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental near photographic opportunities

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
127 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rental near photographic opportunities

We are planning on visiting the area in September and my partner is a keen photographer. He would like to stay in a nice cottage near to the coast so that he can hopefully catch some nice sunrises around Durdle Door and the surrounding coves. I've looked on the usual sites but haven't found anything that looks like he'd be able to just pop out and take his photos without a car journey. There's only two of us and we don't have pets, has anyone any ideas. Is it worth looking further afield for a better choice?

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental near photographic opportunities

Another great area here for photography is Hengistbury Head & even along where we live at Southbourne Beach looking back at Hengistbury Head then looking out towards the Isle of Wight, the Needles & the Polar Bear. Then from the same postion looking acroos toward Swanage the sunsets are amazing.

You also have Christchuch, Mudeford Quay's, Avon Beach.

Dorset
Level Contributor
190 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental near photographic opportunities

There is a caravan site at Durdle Door - only a minutes walk from the door itself. That is the nearest you could stay as it is a rural area. However I guess you would prefer a cottage.

You could try Lulworth Cove, Charmouth, Burton Bradstock, Abbotsbury Lyme Regis for accomodation.

Some photo opportunities I would recommend are

Corfe Castle (especially seen from the beer garden/car park of the Scott Arms at Kingston)

The Abbotsbury to Bridport Road - stunning views of the Chesil beach from the lay-by there.

There are also many picuresque villages such as Milton Abbas & Cerne Abbas. The latter has a chalk giant on the hillside.

Hope you have a great time and that this helps.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
127 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental near photographic opportunities

Thanks - I know Lulworth Cove is near by, are the other villages in the same vicinity? I like the idea of the pub for photos, he can do the had work while I enjoy a glass of wine...it'll give me a break from tripod carrying duties!!!

Dorset
Level Contributor
190 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental near photographic opportunities

Hi. The approx distances, in miles, for the other places are

Corfe Castle - 10

Abbotsbury - 20

Burton Bradstock & Charmouth 30

Lyme Regis 35

Milton Abbas 15

Cerne Abbas 20

There are great photo opportunities all around these places. There are several holiday cottages in Corfe Castle. Also a good selection of eating places (the Castle Inn is my favourite). The Scott Arms is approx 3 miles outside of Corfe Castle. Do hope you get there as its been quoted as the best pub beer garden view.

Hope this all helps.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
127 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental near photographic opportunities

Thanks I'll check it out

6. Re: Rental near photographic opportunities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 02:15