We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikes

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Bikes

Hi, new to the forum and would like to know if it is possible to cycle on the promenade?. I will have my sister with me who has a learning disability so I would rather not cycle on the roads. Many Thanks

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
11,479 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bikes

From this link it appears not but I haven’t checked in detail

brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/leisure-and-lib…

Edited: 25 January 2018, 14:07
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bikes

Its not a deal breaker for us if we can't, just thought it might be a fun thing to do for a couple of hours , thanks for your reply .

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bikes

Look for yourself

https://goo.gl/maps/c3wsYJTHpYn

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bikes

Hi I live in Brighton & everyone cycles on the pavement along the front (Marine Parade). There are cycle lanes around the rest of too.

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bikes

Hi there is a pretty good cycle path along the seafront. You can go from the far end of hove to the west all the way through brighton and along past rottingdean to the east on a cycle path avoiding the road most of the way. In summer pedestrians are the issue in places particularly between the 2 piers. Also bike hire system a bit like the london Boris bike one is now active in Brighton.

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bikes

Hi there is a pretty good cycle path along the seafront. You can go from the far end of hove to the west all the way through brighton and along past rottingdean to the east on a cycle path avoiding the road most of the way. In summer pedestrians are the issue in places particularly between the 2 piers. Also bike hire system a bit like the london Boris bike one is now active in Brighton.

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bikes

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated

Reply to: Bikes