We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikes

Whaley Bridge...
Level Contributor
636 posts
144 reviews
114 helpful votes
Bikes

Hi, new to the forum and would like to know if it is possible to cycle on the promenade?. I will have my sister with me who has a learning disability so I would rather not cycle on the roads. Many Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
13,565 posts
228 reviews
114 helpful votes
1. Re: Bikes

From this link it appears not but I haven’t checked in detail

brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/leisure-and-lib…

Edited: 25 January 2018, 14:07
Whaley Bridge...
Level Contributor
636 posts
144 reviews
114 helpful votes
2. Re: Bikes

Its not a deal breaker for us if we can't, just thought it might be a fun thing to do for a couple of hours , thanks for your reply .

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Bikes

Look for yourself

https://goo.gl/maps/c3wsYJTHpYn

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
662 reviews
231 helpful votes
4. Re: Bikes

Hi I live in Brighton & everyone cycles on the pavement along the front (Marine Parade). There are cycle lanes around the rest of too.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
16 helpful votes
5. Re: Bikes

Hi there is a pretty good cycle path along the seafront. You can go from the far end of hove to the west all the way through brighton and along past rottingdean to the east on a cycle path avoiding the road most of the way. In summer pedestrians are the issue in places particularly between the 2 piers. Also bike hire system a bit like the london Boris bike one is now active in Brighton.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
16 helpful votes
6. Re: Bikes

Hi there is a pretty good cycle path along the seafront. You can go from the far end of hove to the west all the way through brighton and along past rottingdean to the east on a cycle path avoiding the road most of the way. In summer pedestrians are the issue in places particularly between the 2 piers. Also bike hire system a bit like the london Boris bike one is now active in Brighton.

Whaley Bridge...
Level Contributor
636 posts
144 reviews
114 helpful votes
7. Re: Bikes

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated

8. Re: Bikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2019, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Brighton
Recent Conversations