We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation

Hi, what is the best accommodation in Brighton close to the pier? 2 adults and 10 yo girl.

Also, we will need to hire a car for a couple of weeks. Are we best to do that before we leave or can we do it over there? Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
8 replies to this topic
Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
1,757 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation

This is a big question!! What sort of budget? You can stay at The Grand, a Travelodge, Premier Inn, B&B or a small hotel. You will get lots of ideas if you give some idea.

Do you need a car? It's not easy or cheap parking in Brighton - you may be better off settling in first and then if you want to explore further afield hire a car.

If you can give us more info, we will give ideas, happy planning 😊

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
8,681 Reviews
Brighton, UK
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

Hey thanks. Would like to stay somewhere nice so our stay will be very memorable. Budget at this stage is pretty much open as I want to make it a trip of a lifetime (at least in Brighton). Don't want anything less than 4 stars if that helps. The rest of our time in the UK will be B&Bs and cheaper accommodation. As far a hiring a car, we will pick it up on our last day in Brighton and commence our road trip from there. Just not sure weather to book the car now or wait til we get there. Thanks for your help :)

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
1,757 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Then I would go with The Grand, lovely hotel, full of history 🙂

http://www.grandbrighton.co.uk/

You may or may not remember it was bombed when Maggie Thatcher was staying there!!

Edited: 25 February 2018, 14:02
Mentioned in this post
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
8,681 Reviews
Brighton, UK
Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation

Thanks a lot. I'll. check it out. I don't remember the bombing. How awful!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
294 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation

When are you travelling to Brighton? The Grand is currently covered in scaffolding & white shrink wrap, so currently no sea views.

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
8,681 Reviews
Brighton, UK
cordoba
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation

Hi, im traveling for a congress at Brighton Centre. I would like to stay at a B&B. Do you know any nearby and not so expensive. Im traveling alone from Argentina

Mentioned in this post
The Brighton Centre
The Brighton Centre
558 Reviews
Brighton, UK
cordoba
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation

Hi Howlo, can you please guide me? Im traveling from Argentina to Brighton for 5 nights to a teaching Congress at Brighton Centre. I would like to stay at a B&B in a nice place, with bars, shops, art galeries, etc. Where do you suggest? Thanks for your time!!

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
The Brighton Centre
The Brighton Centre
558 Reviews
Brighton, UK
Burbage, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation

Hello again, I remember you from the London forum! I would have a look at the Jury’s Inn, waterfront. Its rear lobby exits into the Lanes, and it’s a stones throw from Palace Pier. It has a pool, which will probably appeal to your daughter. The Grand s nice too, I have stayed at both. I’d get booking quickly though for a July holiday. Brighton is an all year round city and always busy! Try autoeurope for car hire or contact the hotel. A good hotel should be able to have it delivered to you on your last day. You are wise not to try to park in Brighton! Have a great time, it’s a wonderful city!

Cande c, you would be advised to start your own thread as you have different requirements. Give it a title of ‘reasonably priced b&b recommendations’ for example.

Edited: 01 March 2018, 02:39
Mentioned in this post
The Lanes
The Lanes
5,271 Reviews
Brighton, UK
Brighton Palace Pier
Brighton Palace Pier
7,221 Reviews
Brighton, UK
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton