We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Options near Paddington Station

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
411 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Options near Paddington Station

Hello all, we are going to be spending our last night of our September trip to Europe in London, arriving from Paris via Eurostar at 11:30 am at St-Pancras, we are looking for hotel for one night (September 29th) near Paddington station where we plan to catch the Heathrow Express next morning for our 12:30 pm flight back to the US, Two adults and a two year old and our budget is around 100 pounds, preferably within walking distance from Paddington station.

Tank you

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,677 Reviews
from US$122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,251 Reviews
from US$125.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
747 Reviews
from US$102.50*
8 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

why do that?

Stay near St. Pancras and take the tube

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

I agree with Jeff M. I have nothing against the Heathrow Express, but since you're arriving at St. Pancras, it makes sense to get a room there instead of traipsing with your luggage across town to the Paddington area. Heathrow is a straight trip - no changes - on the Piccadilly Line from St Pancras tube station. And cheaper than the HEX.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,611 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

A very good idea to stay near St. Pancras. A very good hotel chain that we stay in frequently is Premier Inn.

Right now their St. Pancras location has a family room for £103.50 for the night of September 29th.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the King's Cross/ St. Pancras tube station where you can catch the Piccadilly line direct to Heathrow in about 60 minutes.

https://tinyurl.com/y7rkk8bm

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/home.html

£103.50

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/search.html…

London Underground map

content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

Hmm. I just looked at the HEX website. With 90 day advance purchase, the total cost of tickets for the HEX for 2 adults and 1 child is only £11.00. Not bad.

I think the real challenge is the £100 room budget.

If the best you can do with your budget is a room near Paddington, be sure to get your HEX tickets during the window for the 90 day advance fare (to be safe, assume that it closes on July 1 because the UK is several hours ahead of us). Apologies if you've already booked them.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,591 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

In Paddington, this one should come in on budget.

www.cardiff-hotel.com/

New Mexico
Level Contributor
13,611 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

I forgot to mention that check in time for the Premier Inns is 2 pm (early if your room is ready) but they do have luggage storage rooms and will keep your luggage until room is ready.

If you want to be a bit closer to Heathrow, the Premier Inn London Kensington (Earl's Court) hotel has a family room for £96 saver rate for your night (Saturday nights tend to be one of the more expensive of the week-e.g. Sunday night the 30th the rate is £41)

This location is just a 3 minute walk from the Earl's Court Tube Station on the Piccadilly line and has a lift/elevator to the exit. The trip from here to Heathrow will take about 35 minutes. We've stayed there 4 times and found the location convenient and the staff friendly.

If the weather is nice, you could take the District Line to the Putney Bridge Tube station (10 minutes) and take your 2 year old to Bishops Park for the afternoon.

https:/…

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

Staying near Paddington and taking the Heathrow Express will be the fastest and easiest way to get to the airport....I think you plan is sound. The £100 budget is probably unrealistic though. But if you could afford £150, you would probably be able to stay within walking distance of the station...even more choices that are a 5 minute taxi ride away.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Options near Paddington Station

I'd stay around St Pancras. You're going to waste more time on your only touring day than you'll save on your departure day by hauling yourselves over to Paddington. Since your flight isn't early in the morning, you'd have plenty of time to get to the airport on the tube. And staying around St Pancras will probably give you, at the very least, an extra hour (or so) of touring time on your arrival day. You could check into (or leave your luggage at) the hotel and be hitting the sites by 12:30-ish,

Reply to: Hotel Options near Paddington Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted