We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bridges across river thames

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
718 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
bridges across river thames

Sorry to ask something maybe sounded stupid. Can pedestrians walk across the various bridges across the river thames, or they are mostly for vehicles except for the footbridges. For example, can i walk along the London bridge from borough market to monument or do i have to use the footbridge further west? Similarly from London eye to westminster, can i use westminster bridge or hungerford bridge?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,744 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bridges across river thames

Generally, all the bridges except rail bridges have foot traffic.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
718 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bridges across river thames

thank you

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bridges across river thames

And even some of the rail bridges have attached pedestrians bridges - like the Hungerford Bridge, which has the attractive Jubilee bridges either side of the railway.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
718 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bridges across river thames

ok,thanks, now i know i can use the westminster bridge to london eye and the hunderford to come back to head to leicester square.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bridges across river thames

Yes that's a nice little walk that I have done plenty of times. Once you have crossed back to Embankment, cut through Embankment tube station and walk straight up the road and you will pop out by Charing Cross station. You will see on a map how easy it is to get to Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square from there.

6. Re: bridges across river thames

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 08:16