We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

Austinite
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
"One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

Has anyone rented a flat from the OneFine STay company? Their website has some too good to be true places and I would love to hear from anyone who has actually dealt with this company.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,683 Reviews
from US$122.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,252 Reviews
from US$125.40*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
750 Reviews
from US$102.70*
145 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,735 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/8366356…

Looks legit to me.

Alamo, California
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

Yes, we rented two places from this company in London. The company is very professional and helpful. A representative met us at the rental on both occasions and walked us through the home and answered any questions we had. They also left some goodies for us in the kitchen on the two occasions. It's the rentals that are less than wonderful.

The first was a studio in Nottinghill Gate. It was a nice location off the main thoroughfare and walking distance to a market and the tube. But the apartment was very cluttered with various knick-knacks and it was hard to find a place to put our luggage as there wasn't a closet. We used the couch in the room as a bed for our daughters so there wasn't any place else to sit. A large wooden dining table took up most of the room. There were laundry facilities and it was quiet.

The second was in Marylebone. The apartment was beautifully decorated with fine wood and expensive decorations. We were asked to be carful about the furniture as many items were antiques. This apartment was again close to a market and the underground. But it was extremely noisy. We have lived in a city in the past but it felt like we were sleeping in the middle of Piccadilly Circus. We were kept up at night by sirens, horns and screaming neighbors that were so loud they could have been in our room. We understood the price for such a lavish place after trying to sleep at night.

Unfortunately you pay for what you get. If I used this company again I would research the apartment more closely and ask a lot of questions before booking on line again.

new jersey
Level Contributor
116 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

We just booked through this company for an October rental. They are a fairly new company. They responded in a timely fashion and were pretty helpful in answering my emails. We set up a phone appointment for booking purposes and I asked many questions. I booked by phone with one of the owners who was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the company and London but was not really familiar with the specifics of the apartment I was interested in.I think this rental will work out fine for us and our kids. We've stayed in condos before in the USA but have never rented an apartment internationally. This company seemed superior to several others I contacted.

4. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 December 2011, 10:35

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

We are considering renting an apartment they list in Marleybone. The one you let wouldn't happen to be the one called "Bryanson Mews" would it? Just trying to learn more about the outfit's reputation. Thanks

new jersey
Level Contributor
116 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

We rented the Carter Lane property which is in The City and worked out terrifically. The nearest tube is under renovation but we used St. Paul's which was pretty close (Occupy protestors camped here after we left). This flat is in the Financial area where there are some bars, restaurants, etc. Most but not all are closed on the weekend. There is a terrific Indian restaurant almost right next door. The owners left a nice list of nearby, suggested places to eat/drink/etc. The two bedrooms are downstairs and each had an ensuite bathroom; the second bedroom had a pull out queen sofa which was fine for my son and his wife. The half bathroom was also downstairs. My husband, son and daughter in law said the flat far exceeded their expectations. Be sure to read One Fine Stay's "Home Truths" for each property so you are not surprised.

Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

I just came back from a five day stay in one of their flats in Kensington (Queens Gate 2) - and it was first rate. I loved the location of the flat, it looked just like the photos and it was so nice to have the welcome goodies and toiletries there. The greeter was even early and they let me leave my bag in the flat while it was being cleaned. They even loan you an iPhone so you have a local phone number, plus GPS and internet - a lifesaver for me as I had meetings all over the city.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again, and recommend them highly.

new jersey
Level Contributor
116 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

Glad your stay in Kensington flat worked out well. We will definitely recommend One Fine Stay and will use them again when we are in London.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

I recently booked an apartment (Earl's Court) with One Fine Stay and it was a great experience. The apartment was exactly as described and the representatives met me right on time (actually I was three hours late due to line at Heathrow and they met me at 11:30 pm with a smile). This was far better than any hotel I have stayed at in London. It felt like a home and it was really great.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals

I didn't like this option. It isn't particularly cheap and despite paying a hefty price for what we were getting, in one breath being told to "make ourselves at home" were presenting with a rule book that is very much weighted in favour of the "hosts" then the "guests". Anyone would have thought they were letting us stay there for free. We were told the flat was a "no shoes" flat (cream carpets everywhere); all over the place there were red stickers on cupboards that were out of bounds... we then discovered that certain hangers were out of bounds. These stickers had the words "your curiosity will incur a fee!". Then, despite there being 3 of us we were given 2 keys (not very helpful when you have 3 people all wanting to do their own thing at different stages during the weekend. The place was like a shrine to the family and their clutter was everywhere, making it very difficult to "be at home". The company are indeed professional and legitimate, but if I go to London again, I will opt for a hotel because at least in a hotel you actually feel like a guest and not some unwanted intruder.

Reply to: "One Fine Stay" vacation rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted