We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queen's Jubilee Concert

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Queen's Jubilee Concert

Question re the Jubilee Concert being held the evening of June 4th. I realize that tickets for the actual concert were distriuted by lottery or other means....and that it will be televised live.

Wondering, however, if it will be broadcast as well on big screens in Hyde Park or some other venue open to the public?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

bump

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

And a 2nd bump - it's been a busy day.

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,389 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

I had a little browse online on official jubilee sites but unfortunately can't find any information I'm afraid, hope someone else can help

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't shown on the big screens - if not Hyde Park then Trafalgar Square - as the BBC is broadcasting it live, and similar events in the past have been shown on large screens for free in public places across the country. I'd suggest you keep checking the BBC website (they have a special Diamond Jubilee section, if you haven't already found it) for information nearer the date.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

Thanks G. I did check the 'official' Jubilee site as well as the BBC site before posting...but as you have found, no info yet ......but I will keep checking. I'm travelling solo and I think it would be fun to be in a crowd to view. I have watched previous Royal Events live on telly in Canada and I'm looking forward to taking in the festivities in person. I have booked a ticket for Battersea Park on the Sunday. It sounds like fun. Although the main reason for my visit is for an annual theatre fix, I will hold off booking a show for that night........

London
Level Contributor
130 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

Hope you will be in luck. I can tell you that at her 50th anniversary in 2002, there was a similar concert but just outside Buckingham Palace and the Mall was filled with big screens and people watching it on those screens. Similarly, when Live8 was on in 2005 (?) we watched it on big screens in another part of Hyde Park - so there is definitely a precedent. Fingers crossed.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

Thanks Dritan. Sounds promising then.

8. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 06:35
9. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 06:35
jak717
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Queen's Jubilee Concert

Hi there, big screens will be on The Mall and also in St James' Park and Green Park :-)