We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel or b&b near station

midlands
Level Contributor
18 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
hotel or b&b near station

Hi, We are traveling to York by rail and would like some info on a good b&B or hotel near the station but also within walking distance to the city centre, can anyone help,? Thanks.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel or b&b near station

Is there an especial reason for wanting to be near the station? York is very compact and the station is only 650 metres from York Minster, the centre of the historic city.

The website of the York Tourism Bureau www.visityork.org.uk has a facility which shows you the location of accommodation on a map of York. Go to the 'accommodation' pages, select the type of accommodation you want (hotels, guest houses, self-catering, etc.) and you can see the location on a map of York. Or you can browse using an option which gives you the distance from the city centre (half a mile, one mile etc.). Accommodation which is listed on Tripadvisor will have reviews to give you some idea of what to expect. Properties listed on VisitBritain (those included in the "star" system) may also have reviews so you can check.

Hope this helps.

Hull
Level Contributor
773 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel or b&b near station

I understand the Apple House on Holgate Rd is a good B&B - friends have stayed there. It's as close as you need.

http://applehouseyork.co.uk/

midlands
Level Contributor
18 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel or b&b near station

Thank you - I didn't realise the station was so close to city !! We usually visit by car but have decided to go on the train this time. Thanks

midlands
Level Contributor
18 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel or b&b near station

thanks - I thought the station was a fair bit out of the city but it sounds like its fairly central - will look at that B & B though !!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
732 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel or b&b near station

Not forgetting, that in York, you can actually stay *at* the station, in the Royal York Hotel; one of the original railway hotels:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186346-d2429…

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel or b&b near station

The Dean Court is a nice hotel; I've stayed there twice myself. It's about a ten minute walk from the station and located right next to the Minster., so is only a short walk away from most of the main attractions.

http://www.deancourt-york.co.uk/index.asp

There's also the Guy Fawkes Inn, which is nearby and is supposed to be nice, but I've never stayed there myself.

http://www.gfyork.com/about/

Edited: 07 February 2012, 05:18
7. Re: hotel or b&b near station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2012, 05:35
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,768 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel or b&b near station

sacolacicchi1, I have reported you for spamming as you just keep positing this link and not much more repeatedly...

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel or b&b near station

I was merely in a hurry! Apologies.

midlands
Level Contributor
18 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel or b&b near station

Thank you everyone who has replied, we are now sorted and will keep the info of all the B&B's & hotels you have suggested. Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about York