We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant or pub?

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Nice restaurant or pub?

Hi we are coming to stay for the weekend in April and staying at the Rutland Square hotel can anyone suggest a nice restaurant or pub nearby?

Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant or pub?

Hello MadMol,

Well you are within a short walk of loads of restaurants at various price points and cuisines.

You could just about roll down a short hill to a choice of four first class Indian restaurants...Harts is very close for fine dining, Cast at the Playhouse is a more informal / bar scene and plenty of others.

Give me a steer on what food you like and I will give you some more detail. Go to my profile for quite a number of reviews on the Nottingham restaurant scene. Slightly short of good pubs in that area for eating. Plenty of places to drink though.

Be slightly sceptical of the "order" of restaurants in the Trip Advisor reviews; some of them have had a restart after changing hands. ( eg Mem Saab which is down the list at the moment but usually in the top 10 and very close to where you are staying).

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant or pub?

Thanks I think Italian would be a favourite or Tai not keen on Mexican .

Any ideas?

Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant or pub?

Hello there,

Well unfortunately in my opinion and I hope that you get some others, those are the most challenging choices in Nottingham. I have been to Tarn Thai a couple of years ago and it was pretty good...reviews OK ish on this site. It is about 15 minutes walk from your hotel. The best Thais are out of town I am afraid.

Italians....well I wouldn't go to any of them. There are the usual chain offerings. We do have a relatively new Jamie's kitchen and Carluccios which are one step up from the Pizza places but they don't really excite me. I haven't been to either of them I am afraid.

The Indians down the hill are great....Mem Saab, 4550 miles from Delhi, Laguna Tandoori and Cumin....all are excellent and all less than 5 minutes walk from your hotel......various prices and you can read the comments on the site. I have been to all of those several times over the last few years. The first two are my favourites at the moment but I have nothing against the others and indeed they are a little cheaper. Chutney another Indian just over the road is not bad and a more budget orientated option.

Let's hope you get some better advice than I seem to be able to give you.

I agree with you on Mexican by the way!

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant or pub?

Hi Madmol...

I can recommend Tharn Thai..which is in the Hockley area of the city centre..about 10 mins walk across the square from the Rutland.

http://www.tarnthai.co.uk/

And of course no visit to Nottingham would be complete without a visit to our most famous pub..

http://www.triptojerusalem.com/

Have a great weekend..

nottingham, england
Level Contributor
936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant or pub?

LOL RobinHood....great minds think alike and post at exactly the same time!!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice restaurant or pub?

The beauty of Nottingham is that everything is only a five minute walk away so you can choose from pretty much anywhere. I would suggest that you look at:

World Service - modern food, newly refurbed and reopened

Memsaabs - great indian food served in a modern style

Iberico World Tapas - fantastic tapas in a relaxed enviorment

Jamies for Italian is a good choice

Tharn Thai is good for Thai

7. Re: Nice restaurant or pub?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2013, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham