We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nottingham

Which Nottingham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Nottingham

I have 2 nights to spend in Nottingham in September. Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay and any 'must see' local attractions.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
806 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nottingham

Sherwood Forest and Nottingham Castle. would be a start

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nottingham

I was very comfortable at the Premier Inn in town. Plenty of very good pubs and as a two university city, there is plenty of nightlife. Modern Art is well catered for.

3. Re: Nottingham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 08:49
Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
375 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nottingham

Hello Kevin11457, and welcome to the Nottingham forum. I hope that you have a good time in our city. To be really helpful it would be good to know a little about your interests and budget for places to stay. The other question is whether you will have a car or not. There are a few things to do in the city, Nottingham Castle has already been mentioned and we have a vibrant nightlife scene at the weekend. Around about there are some world class attractions but they would require you to drive or take public transport.

There are many reviews of hotels on this site which you can peruse to get an idea of where people like to stay. The hotels suggested are good budget orientated places but we do have fuller service offerings.

So let us know a little more and I am sure the locals will join in with some good suggestions.

Swansea
Level Contributor
189 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nottingham

Sorry to ask on someone else's post but Pls can anyone advise good food places that don't use msg, artificial colours or flavours? Places I usually go to are pubs or places that do plain things like chicken etc like a bistro. Would be very grateful for any help x

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nottingham

Try French Living - splendid food - a French Bistro.

Nottingham
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
375 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nottingham

It might be better to start a different post to get some advice on this. Also all I would say about French Living is although it is very nice and undoubtedly some of the simpler grill type dishes will be quite plain, some of the dishes eg Cassoulet etc are very salty...so beware if you are concerned about salt intake!

The places that would be near to the top of my list for your request are Iberico World Tapas...not cheap though, Tropeiro the Brazilian Barbecue, Le Bistro Pierre, Petit Paris and the Signature Steakhouse ( also quite expensive). You can read the many reviews on these on this website and form a view!

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nottingham

Thank you for your help with accomodation.I love the outdoors and wondered whether there are any safe places to tramp or ride horses nearby? We are thinking about hiring a car as long as we can handle the traffic?!We usually stay in about 3 star accomodation as I prefer to spend my money travelling.

Fine to ask about food Gemma as my husband is a coeliac and I am also interested to find out whether the ingredients in Nottingham will be listed or the wait staff will able to tell us what is gluten free?

Nottingham
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
375 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nottingham

Right well a few questions there then.

Firstly on the Gluten Free....generally at the better restaurants there should be absolutely no problem with the gluten free. The possible items will not be listed on the menus but the chefs will be very familiar with people on Gluten Free diets and often are very happy to adapt dishes to make them work...my mother in law is highly gluten intolerant and we never have a problem but we do take care to spell out exactly what is required. If you have a car and want to have a little trip out of town go to Perkins in Keyworth, a little special but they are excellent with my mum in law's diet!

http://www.perkins-family.co.uk/?i=68768

Horse riding...not an expert on that but the Vale of Belvoir is one of the best areas for horse riding in the UK. Not sure how you would set that up.

Walking ( tramping!) ...head for the Peak District our National Park..it is beautiful and you could organise to walk or ride along some of our long distance footpaths that run on former railway lines. eg Tissington Trail or High Peak trail...look to start in Ashbourne where you can walk or hire cycles for the journey north...13 miles of traffic free path, slightly uphill one way and then downhill back. I like to cycle it myself. Bike hire is available at the start in Ashbourne.

www.derbyshireuk.net/tissington_trail.html

For riding the trail....

Tissington Trekking Centre Tissington Wood Farm, Tissington, Derbyshire Tel: 01335 350276.. ( Tissington is a few miles north of Ashbourne and a lovely small village)

At the three star hotel level , do take a look at the no frills Premier Inns...we stay in those as we too would rather spend our money out and about or eating well. They are a small step up from the very budget places and we are very happy with them for our short stays around the UK. They have a sale on at the moment with great prices..depending on when you travel.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nottingham

Thank you very much for your helpful information.

Get answers to your questions about Nottingham