We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive from oxford to heathrow

Which Oxford hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
drive from oxford to heathrow

I am trying to find our how long it will take to drive from Oxford to heathrow ?

My flight leaves at 10.50 am

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive from oxford to heathrow

The AA Route Planner suggests approx one hour for the slightly less than 50 mile journey.

theaa.com/route-planner/…7C175960

However your flight time from LHR may well mean you will be travelling at least part of the way during the early morning rush hour/commute on that route. Personally I would allow longer. Im guessing you will also be returning a rental car at Heathrow, so allow more time for completeing those formalities as well if that is the case.

BB

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: drive from oxford to heathrow

so you'll need to be at the airport 3hrs before + time to drop off the car/shuttle transfer. That will mean getting to the rental office by 07:00-07:30 at the latest. If you are travelling on a weekday morning I would add another 30mns to that journey, so set off about 05:45-06:00. If you're on line check the traffic before hand....although it's mostly motorway (M40/M25/M4) it can get very congested at times.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/traffic/

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drive from oxford to heathrow

In the past, I've normally used purple parking so not driven directly to LHR, but its taken me approx 1.5 hours and I don't normally go in peak traffic and haven't had problems with any accidents in the past. The M25 can be a nightmare if you're in rush hour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: drive from oxford to heathrow

what day are you flying ? in the past in the week day, I have got the train to paddington and the heathrow express to avoid mad traffic... take about hour and half on a good day.

5. Re: drive from oxford to heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 00:16