We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reading Fastival weekend

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
284 posts
140 reviews
Reading Fastival weekend

Hello all, my husband and I will be coming to reading for the weekend of the Reading Festival. We arrive on the Saturday but thanks to babysitters etc we only have a Sunday ticket for the Festival.

Looking for ideas for the Saturday evening. Cool, laid back bars, maybe with live music. Not clubs exactly. Or some entertainment - any comedy nights?

Any advice welcome, thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
229 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: Reading Fastival weekend

Hi Jacqueline,

It depends what sort of music you're in to. Check out the Oakford Social club, as they are quite a good "alternative" type bar that often has live music on Saturdays, and they are almost certain to have bands playing as it's the RF weekend. There are also a lot of other comedy/music events around Reading, and places often have special gigs etc on because of RF. Perhaps check out this website that lets you look at all the arts venues in Reading: http://www.readingarts.com/whatson/ Other places such as Sub89 may have events on too, worth a google.

Hope you have a fun time!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
284 posts
140 reviews
2. Re: Reading Fastival weekend

Thanks for that, was thinking I was never going to get any replies! I've checked them out, thanks again.

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
3. Re: Reading Fastival weekend

Hi. I need a ticket for Saturday. If you know someone who bought and gave up, please email on emerson14000@hotmail.com

4. Re: Reading Fastival weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 02:15