We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambridge to Lavenham

Which Lavenham hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Penang Island...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cambridge to Lavenham

May I ask, from Cambridge to Lavenham, which train station should I be stop at? It is worth the day trip? Any recommendation of other village nearer to Cambridge?

Thanks in advance

4 replies to this topic
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambridge to Lavenham

You would get a train from Cambridge to Bury St Edmunds then get this bus:

www.chamberscoaches.co.uk/html/753.html

There's a bit of a walk in Bury from the rail to the bus station

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambridge to Lavenham

That's the best bet, there is a bus service between the train station and bus station I think it's B2 every 20 minutes by First Bus, but also I think there is another operator Stephens of Essex, but I am afraid I no longer have the leaflet I had about these services anymore. Just be warned, First is known to be unreliable by locals so you may be better to look at the Stephenson services.

The bus station does have service information displays at each stand but also inside the main bus station which has an information kiosk, and if you want to break the journey the cafe next to the bus station is a cheap decent place, or the Library across the road, otherwise if you want to stay in the bus station there is a hot drinks machine, normally it's reliable but the cups have been hot to handle in the past.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambridge to Lavenham

Sorry for double posting but just discovered the service you need from Bury St Edmunds is the 753 which is every hour or so.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambridge to Lavenham

Thanks for the information, could you recommend good place to eat for lunch while at Levenham?

Reply to: Cambridge to Lavenham
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lavenham