We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morfa Nefyn camp sites

Which Gwynedd hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Topic
Morfa Nefyn camp sites

Hi there

Depending on the weather next weekend we are planning on camping , We have been to Aberdaron the last couple of years love the place, but the site we chose was the one on top of the hill excellent views but wasn't good with a large tent, weather was not kind to us. Our dog is knocking on a bit now and can't walk too far so we need a site that is near to a dog friendly pub and within easy reach to a beach, we prefer a small village with stunning views. So if anyone has any ideas could you please share with me.

Thanks Dawn

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morfa Nefyn camp sites

Not sure about the campsite but I found this website recently:

http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/

Very useful as my partner and I have two border collies.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Morfa Nefyn camp sites

Thanks for that will take a look, Saves me having to contact the pubs

Cheers Dawn

Manchester
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morfa Nefyn camp sites

Hi Dawn,

Did you manage to identify a dog friendly Camp Site. We are in the same position and travelling down in a couple of weeks.

Regards judith

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morfa Nefyn camp sites

Perhaps try Porth Dinllaen Farm (01758 720271). It's by the golf course in Porth Dinllaen and an easy walk to the Ty Coch pub on the beach. I've camped there before with dogs - but it was a few years ago.

Betws y Coed
Level Contributor
90 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morfa Nefyn camp sites

I would recommend Aberafon campsite www.aberafon.co.uk.

Dogs welcome if kept on leads - just returned from a fantastic weekend there. It's right on the waterfront - the beach is pebbly so not that easy to walk on, but the views are spectacular. We stayed in the 'beach field' which is closest to the beach and more sheltered than the clifftop fields. Also smaller and more intimate.

Unfortunately not walking distance to a pub, but close to Morfa Nefyn, which is gorgeous and dog friendly!

Note for dog owners - we visited Whistling Sands - Porth Oer, which is run by the National Trust. It's beautiful, but dogs aren't allowed on the beach between May and September. What a shame!

Just realised that this review is too late and you've probably already been on your trip, hope you enjoyed it!

6. Re: Morfa Nefyn camp sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2016, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Gwynedd
Recent Conversations