We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Olive Branch...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

My husband & I are arriving on June 10 on Oceania's Nautica and would like to hire a Car & Driver for the day. I have had no luck through emails to taxi companies and don't want to simply take my chances finding a taxi when we arrive. Please help!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
13,321 posts
223 reviews
113 helpful votes
1. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Where do you want the driver to take you please? And do you want him to act as a tour guide as well or just drive you from A to B?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
13,321 posts
223 reviews
113 helpful votes
2. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

If it's a private tour you want I just found one quoting c£300 for up to four people plus entrance costs for any sights you wish to visit. That seems quite reasonable. There are others.

3. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2016, 15:39
Olive Branch...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Fantastic news. I will email him right away.

Thank you,

Debra

Chester
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
99 reviews
118 helpful votes
5. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Hi,

not a driver but the Chester - Holyhead train might be an option with a stop at Llandudno.

I don't know these and never used them but have a look at Go North Wales Tours

Keith.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
17,409 posts
21 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Have you thought of just hiring a car and driving yourselves?

Olive Branch...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we have thought of that and have driven ourselves many times in foreign countries but my husband prefers not to test his nerves on this trip- the 'wrong' side of the road can be a challenge. I believe that I may have a car and driver from this post. Thank you!

Debra

Olive Branch...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Thank you for your reply. We don't really need a trained guide, but a native driver would be preferred. I believe we may have one lined up, but if that does not happen I may need advise.

Thank you,

Debra

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
9. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Do check that the driver is either a registered private hire/taxi driver or a qualified tourist driver/ guide. Only they would have the necessary vehicle and public liability insurance , which is expensive and which is why they need to charge more to cover their costs

You may think that is being over cautious - until you have even a slight accident and learn the hard way. I have dealings with cruise ship excursions in North Wales and know from experience that accidents do happen, albeit rarely, so it is better to be safe than sorry.

Olive Branch...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Looking to hire a DRIVER for June 10, 2016 from Holyhead

Thank you for your advise.