We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Pen y Pas to Rhyd Ddu

Brisbane
Level Contributor
115 posts
61 reviews
Public transport from Pen y Pas to Rhyd Ddu

Good day folks,

I am keen to ascend the Rhyd Ddu path and descend via either Miner’s or Pyg. Will therefore park at Rhyd Ddu but need transport back from Pen y Pas to the car park at Rhyd Ddu. The Sherpa schedule is a bit confusing for the uninitiated... What would be my best transport options between the two car parks?

I am thinking ascending Rhyd Ddu and descending Pyg would probably be 5-7 hours for reasonably fit person?

Thanks for tips and advice!

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
673 posts
235 reviews
1. Re: Public transport from Pen y Pas to Rhyd Ddu

The best way to plan journeys in Wales is to use the Traveline Cymru website - https://www.traveline.cymru/

I've checked for today and it's only showing one option - an S4 bus leaving Pen-y-Pass at 16:30 and arriving at Rhyd Ddu at 16:56.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
115 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Public transport from Pen y Pas to Rhyd Ddu

Thanks MyUser. That website is very helpful.

I have read there is a Park and Ride from Nant Peris. How often does this operate both outbound and inbound from Pen y Pas? Just weighing up options.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
3. Re: Public transport from Pen y Pas to Rhyd Ddu

For any linear walk using public transport I much prefer to get the bus first, and walk back to my car.

And I know very little about public transport in the area, but there might be more buses from Rhyd-Ddu to the Pen-y-Gwryd Hotel, which is only a short walk from Pen-y-Pass.

4. Re: Public transport from Pen y Pas to Rhyd Ddu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2018, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Snowdonia National Park
Recent Conversations