We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Former Sky Plaza hotel

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
682 posts
173 reviews
Former Sky Plaza hotel

When I was at Cardiff airport in October I noticed that the old Sky Plaza hotel had been sold & was undergoing refurbishment. Does anyone know what the new hotel is called & when it is opening?.Have tried doing a search for this but can't find anything.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

Hi EdinaCloud

I've just been out to the airport (to pick someone up, not just to look at the hotel, you understand ;-) ) - it looks as if it's now the Celtic International Hotel. https://www.celticinternationalhotel.com/

Nope, never heard of it either - but the website makes it look nice.

Edited: 04 February 2017, 18:57
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,441 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

Can't really be worse than the Sky Plaza, judging by the reviews that place used to get....

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
682 posts
173 reviews
3. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

Stayed there once before an early flight. It was awful, I was sitting by the window when I noticed someone had wiped their nose on the inside of the curtains. Will look up the new hotel, looking for somewhere for before a flight later this year.

Edited: 05 February 2017, 10:57
4. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 February 2017, 12:03
Wales
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

The new incarnation looks ok, but there's also a Holiday Inn Express and a Travelodge on the same road, if you'd prefer established chain.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
682 posts
173 reviews
6. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

Yes, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn a couple of times before.

10Z
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
7. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

Celtic International Hotel. I stayed there this weekend and the re-fit and new owners were great.

8. Re: Former Sky Plaza hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2018, 00:16