We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dundee cake

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
382 reviews
113 helpful votes
Dundee cake

What bakeries are recommended to buy this cake. I’ve noted fisher and Donaldson might be a possibility. As I’m interested in their fudge doughnut... thanks.

6 replies to this topic
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
11,789 posts
181 reviews
143 helpful votes
1. Re: Dundee cake

Yes, Fisher and Donaldson do a reasonable Dundee cake. Can't say I'm much of a fan but there are many bakeries who do them. Now fudge doughnuts and yum yums, I'm more of an expert on those!!

If you are in Dundee, Goodfellow and Steven are the local bakers, but there's plenty of choice around town.

Level Contributor
521 posts
57 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Dundee cake

Fisher & Donaldson do make a decent Dundee cake, fudge donuts are really good, but in my opinion their coffee towers are their masterpiece.

If your in Cupar their shop/cafe on the Ceres Road is a must and easy to get parked at in comparison to their other establishments especially the one at the Cross in Cupar, though your waistline maybe compromised as a result.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
382 reviews
113 helpful votes
3. Re: Dundee cake

Thanks to both. All good ideas I’m looking forward to it later this month.

Level Contributor
1,084 posts
1 review
4. Re: Dundee cake

Dundee cake, fudge doughnuts and a good Scottish breakfast - You may need to be rolled around the city..!

And seek-out a Flemings of Arbroath steak pie whist you are at it - delicious!

Edited: 06 November 2018, 12:02
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
382 reviews
113 helpful votes
5. Re: Dundee cake

Mmm... steak pie is now in the list. After the smokies though!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
382 reviews
113 helpful votes
6. Re: Dundee cake

Those doughnuts are going to ruin me. Yeah I recommend fisher and Donaldson fudge doughnuts. I don’t normally like cream in doughnuts but it tasted good and the fudge topping was sweet but not sickly. I will try the towers tomorrow.

Reply to: Dundee cake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dundee
Recent Conversations