We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking Town Centre New Year

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
36 reviews
Car Parking Town Centre New Year

We are staying in Malmaison at new year and have parked previously in the small car park area across from it, however I had to be out at 8am to get a ticket on my car. Is it free parking on new year day in the town? And in the case of it’s not us there anywhere I can leave my car over night securily and pay when we leave?

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
1. Re: Car Parking Town Centre New Year

Most if not all of Dundee's remaining central parking was pretty heavily locked-down with restrictions/charges back in what 2016? So I reckon you might struggle.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Car Parking Town Centre New Year

Might need to bus it from Tesco :)

Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
3. Re: Car Parking Town Centre New Year

Yeah - I think even Riverside Drive, along by Tesco has had time restrictions imposed but remains free. That was due to the number of vans/caravans using it for a free stop overnight.

Tesco itself - I think its Highview who operate there. They are at the joke-end of private parking but still an annoyance.

Or of course, as its Hogmanay, the other answer could be simply to have not gone to bed by 8am - That way you don't have to get-up...! :-D

Edited: 12 November 2018, 05:55
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Car Parking Town Centre New Year

Also means no wine :(

Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
5. Re: Car Parking Town Centre New Year

Yeah - Stick to the drams..!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Car Parking Town Centre New Year

Park in the Greenmarket car park. It's pay on exit, free parking overnight, and just along the road from the Malmaison.

Reply to: Car Parking Town Centre New Year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dundee
Recent Conversations