We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest way from London (Heathrow) to Glasgow?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Serbia
4 posts
Save Topic
cheapest way from London (Heathrow) to Glasgow?

I will be coming on July 23 and staying for 3 weeks, mainly in Scotland. But my flight is to London, so if there are any cheap buses or trains, anything, from London to GLasgow (and the resto of Scotland )it would mean a lot..

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest way from London (Heathrow) to Glasgow?

BA and BMI fly from Heathrow to Glasgow for about £50 each way. You could make your way to Luton or Stansted and fly with Ryanair or Easyjet which would be cheaper, I think.

At the moment you can get a return rail ticket for £55, arriving 23rd July for 3 weeks, whick I think is pretty good value.

Buses should be cheaper again, but I have no knowledge of them.

2. Re: cheapest way from London (Heathrow) to Glasgow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2008, 08:06
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest way from London (Heathrow) to Glasgow?

If you can bag a good price on the train then I can recommend that way to travel. The Virgin service to Glasgow Central goes from Euston and takes just four and a half hours, pretty much city centre to city centre.

If you take one of the budget airlines, as cheap as they might be, you will need to factor in the costs of getting to the airport, the waiting around time when you get there, and the cost of getting from the airport in scotland to Glasgow.

I'd take the train in a heartbeat, though you may get a good deal on the bus. That would take around 8 to 9 hours depending on whether there is a stop on the way.

:-)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
33,901 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest way from London (Heathrow) to Glasgow?

If you are actually at Heathrow then going any other way apart from flying would be crazy. As said BA & BMI fly from £100 return and the flight is only an hour or so. Unless the so called budget airlines are flying you for free or the train service includes a four hour massage then fly direct!! Otherwise you are going to spend more time and money than £100.

5. Re: cheapest way from London (Heathrow) to Glasgow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 23:18