We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Indian restaurant

Madison WI
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Indian restaurant

We're going to be back in Glasgow in June and want to revisit an Indian restaurant we ate at in 2007, assuming it's still in business, but we can't remember the name. It was located in the University of Glasgow, Kelvingrove Park area; we stayed just off Great Western Road and it was walking distance. Higher quality finishes, 2 levels, we think it had black/white tiled floors but not sure, it had a "techy" club feel, excellent food! We both remember the waiter recommended a spinach side dish that was so good. Thanks for any help you can give us and of course any recommendations for other restaurants too.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Glasgow Indian restaurant

[and often wonder to myself is it really that good]

Well IMO it is no longer is that good if indeed it ever was so it could be a marketing ploy. I also think that their popularity may have made the staff a bit blasé and unconcerned about their customers. Several people have mentioned this in reviews. Aloof anyone?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Glasgow Indian restaurant

Dirty O I was at Urban Pind in Candleriggs for lunch today and it was superb. I recommend it if you fancy venturing into Merchant City. Mind you it won't be such a good deal in the evening but the food is very good. Thali lunch cost £6.95 and included pakora with a sauce, naan bread, potato and mushroom, curry of your choice (lamb, chicken or veggie), rice and a wee salad, plus a soft drink and either icecream, coffee or tea for dessert.

I really don't know how they manage to serve food that decent at such a low price in smart surroundings. I'm not one for queuing at a restaurant, but I might make an exception for Urban Pind. The joys of a free afternoon in sunny Glasgow.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Glasgow Indian restaurant

Ooh - sounds good. I'll give it a whirl purple!

I eneded up in the wee curry shop in Ashton Lane last night. Food was reall good and they've bought new plates ;-). Lamb curry, butter chicken, mushrrom poori and saag paneer with rice, naan and 2 beers weighed in at £40. Reasonable value!

Edited: 04 August 2011, 01:38
54. Re: Glasgow Indian restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 06:18