We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire and route when going from Glasgow to Oban area

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
car hire and route when going from Glasgow to Oban area

Hi - After several days in Glasgow in late August we are going to the Oban area (near Taynuilt) on a Saturday. On Sunday of the following weekend I return to Glasgow. We need a car for outside Glasgow.

I would prefer the train from Glasgow (and back) but I'm told it's cheaper to hire a car in Glasgow. Also, hiring a car in Oban may require too early an arrival on the Saturday. I"m still getting quotes and considering my options.

In Glasgow, we are staying in the West End. Where can I hire a car so as to get out of the city with minimal driving within Glasgow? I drive stick shift at home but this will be on the left side so I also want the safest route for travel to Taynuilt/Oban. Suggestions?

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,960 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: car hire and route when going from Glasgow to Oban area

If you use the suggested route then Inverary would be a good place to stop for lunch. I don't know about gluten free options though?

12. Re: car hire and route when going from Glasgow to Oban area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow