We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robroyston Wallace Monument

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Robroyston Wallace Monument

Can someone please tell me if it is worth going to this and how easy is it to get to from the City centre?

Essex
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robroyston Wallace Monument

OK, hello to a fellow Essex person!

Must say, I have not been here, so it really depends on what you like and how much of importance William Wallace is to you.

Here is the website for the monument. Overall, it appears to be just a cross, and a well, so 'monument-wise' not exactly spectacular!! Still, set in scenic enough countryside and with historic and even spiritual (in a way) significance, so the 'vibes' you find there could be strong and meaningful to you!!

Here is the website, which gives you details of buses from Glasgow etc should you decide you have to see it. Good Luck:

http://www.robroyston.org/

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robroyston Wallace Monument

Thanks for that. I came across that website the other day and that's what made me wonder whether it is worth while going to see. It looks to be a bit of a trek out on the bus and I didn't want to drag the family out there if there's not much to see. Thanks anyway though. Probably left it a bit late anyway as we leave tomorrow!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Robroyston Wallace Monument

There is plenty of interest to do/see in Glasgow itself anyway.

For a change of scene you could train or bus it to Edinburgh for a 'taste' of the Festival - and if monuments are your thing, the Scott Monument perhaps!

Possibly consider a trip to the Falkirk Wheel??

Whatever you do end up doing, I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Robroyston Wallace Monument

Thanks Essex Wanderer. Yes we have the Falkirk Wheel on the agender along with Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond as well as all that Glasgow has to offer so I am sure we are going to have a very busy 4 days. Can't wait!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Robroyston Wallace Monument

Guess if you are going to Stirling, you could find time for the National Wallace Monument, that looks much more spectacular:

http://www.nationalwallacemonument.com/

6. Re: Robroyston Wallace Monument

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow