We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

I'v'e done a search on here and it mentions a courtesy bus through Pollock Park but does anyone know the times? We are hoping to take the train from Glasgow and don't want to be standing around for a while.

Also as i didn't want to start two topics can anyone recommend any restaurants near Bath Street in Glasgow? I was thinking ones that do theatre menus might be good in terms of value?? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

Assuming that you are referring to the shuttle bus, at Pollock Park, which runs between the entrance and the Burrell collection ............ every half hour. BUT it was not in service the day I visited, one weekday in September 2010 - there was just an apologetic, handwritten notice pinned up. The walk (footpath through the trees) took me 30 minutes - but I walk very slowly (impaired mobility).

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,960 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

There are loads of restaurants on and near Bath Street, too many to list here. Many of them do Pre Theatre menus.

Google "restaurant Bath Street Glasgow".

Edited: 16 August 2011, 01:42
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

On Bath Street, I would recommend The Pony, especially if you love seafood, they do the best seafood platter I've ever had, it was massive, no need for a starter and it was about 15 quid. Good value midweek drinks and its really nice inside.

They also do a really good deal at one ten bar and grill which is three courses each and a bottle of wine for just less than 30 quid.

markshotels.com/glasgow-restaurants/one-ten-…

You can have a look on www.5pm.co.uk for other deals on restaurants.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

Thanks for all your replies.

Pausilypon that's what worries me as myself and the other person going have mobility issues...

Alex_Andraya i know there are a lot of restaurants in that area of Glasgow but i do like personal recommendations as to which ones are best to opt for ;-)

Juggernot thanks i'll take a note of those ones ;-)

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,960 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

Well what type of restaurant do you like? Give us a wee bit of help here. ;o)

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

If you think you may struggle from the station ( Pollokshaws West ) then you could get a taxi from the rank at Central which will be around 8 pounds direct to the door of the Burrell.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

Red Onion might suit, or if you want something cheap and cheerful where you can also linger for a drink until youre good and ready for the theatre then Lucky Seven Canteen might do the trick.

http://www.red-onion.co.uk/

http://www.lucky7glasgow.co.uk/

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

"If you think you may struggle from the station ( Pollokshaws West ) then you could get a taxi from the rank at Central which will be around 8 pounds direct to the door of the Burrell."

Something to remember next time!

For price comparison purposes .......... the return fare from Central Station to Pollokshaws West cost me just under £2 last September.

Edited: 16 August 2011, 11:19
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

Of course the train is cheaper, I am not disputing that, however the train does not drop you off at the front door and if the OP has mobility issues then a taxi is often the solution.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Courtesy Bus Through Pollock Park and Restaurants in Glasgow

" a taxi is often the solution."

I was not being argumentative, madscotswoman, simply helping the OP put the cost of a taxi into perspective.