We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Advice

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Advice

I am a young woman in my early 20s looking for a 7-10 day tour in Ireland. I will be traveling on my own for the first time and I am looking for any input about the best tour companies to go with. I'm looking for a tour that hits the big sights but gets off the beaten track a bit too! My budget is 4500 for tour/food/extras - my flight from the US is on points. Definitely needs to be a tour geared for the younger crowd of at all possible-aimed at single travellers. I have a previous post about this subject and thought I found what I was looking for but unfortunately the dates don't match up with that particular tour.

I appreciate any responses!

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Advice

Hi,

Have you looked at a Contiki tour?? They are for 18/35 year olds and do a fan range. I'm about to go on one to oz. hope that helps

Corinne

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Advice

Hi Corinne

I have looked into Contiki Tours but I don't think they have a sole Ireland tour right?

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Advice

They do an 8 day just Ireland tour. If you jump onto their website it does what I would class all the major sights. You can always add on a couple of nights before and after your tour if you want a longer duration.

I have just checked they leave every Saturday from now all the way through the summer. Contiki.co.uk but I'm sure there will be an American version aswell. Hope this helps.

Corinne

Edited: 12 February 2012, 19:59
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Advice

Thanks I appreciate your help! The only turn off for Contiki is that I've heard its a huge party tour and as much fun as it sounds it's not really what I'm after!

Thanks so much!

Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Advice

I went with Paddywagon Tours a few years ago, it was a smaller group than contiki (but may have changed now). Shamrocker tours are also another one you might like to consider.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,216 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Advice

Paddywagon or Shamrocker might be perfect for you

7. Re: Tour Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 15:38