We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

Dunedin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
12 helpful votes
Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

I'll be arriving at Cobh on a cruise ship at 2:00 PM and plan to take the train into Cork. We then want to visit Franciscan Well Bar & Brewery. I see that St. Anne's is an easy 7 minute walk from the brewery so we would probably visit the church, climb the tower, then walk to the brewery.

We then will make our way back to the main city center of Cork to continue visiting local pubs. Our ship departs at 9:00 PM.

Are cabs the easiest/fastest way to get to St. Anne's? Are there any ride-share companies available; Uber/Lift? Thank you for any information you can provide!

9 replies to this topic
Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
6,281 posts
35 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

UBER will connect you to a regular, regulated taxi — which would take you about 10 minutes (and 10 Euro) to take you from Cork Kent to the bar.

There’s not really any convenient public transit option that I’m aware of.

Dunedin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

Thank you! As long as there's Uber, we'll be good.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
3. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

Uber as you would know it does not exist in Ireland where ride sharing services are not permitted by law. Using Uber will just connect you to regular licensed taxi services. You might be better off using the FREENOW app which is more popular and more heavily used Ireland as it gives you access to a larger pool of taxi services than Uber.

Dunedin, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

Downloaded app. Thanks so much!

Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
7 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

@tapl. I have only ever travelled to Cork by car but if I travelled by train I would expect a taxi rank at Cork, Kent station. So perhaps no need to pre book.

Am I living in the past?

However, I do agree that having the FREENOW app will be very useful.

As already stated all taxis are regulated, and metered so you can pick one up anywhere.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
6. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

We weren't responding to the OP's request for the best way to travel to their destinations as we don't know the answer. We were just clarifying how Uber works in Ireland after the OP mentioned it.

Edited: 19 May 2024, 14:10
Newbridge, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
7 reviews
10 helpful votes
7. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

Sorry I didn't mean to sound snippy. 😒

I understand your reply tapl, I was just wondering if there was still a taxi rank, and if taxi's are usually available there.

Maybe, Blackgreen will be along shortly.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
8. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

No problem. We'd imagine there would be a taxi rank at Kent Station but we've always driven to Cork (or flown, back in the Aer Arann days!).

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
68 reviews
47 helpful votes
9. Re: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar

There’s a taxi rank at Kent Station, but the journey is very walkable (c. 20 mins)

There’s no public transport on North Mall as the road gets very narrow as it turns up the hill and is unsuitable for buses. However, the stop at the Mercy Hospital is 5 mins walk away and is served by the 205 bus, which does go to Kent Station.

Reply to: Transportation from Kent Station to Franciscan Well Bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.