We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork city to Cobh

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Cork city to Cobh

Hi can someone tell me the best mode of transport (not car though) to get from the city to Cobh and roughly the time it takes?

Thanks

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork city to Cobh

There's a regular train service. On the hour every hour, plus with extra services on the half hour during the morning and evening peaks. The journey takes just under 25 mins.

Returns from Cobh are on the half hour, again with extra services on the hour during the morning and evening peaks.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork city to Cobh

Train is the most cost effective mode of public transport option from Cork Station (Kent) to Cobh Station.

Cork station (Kent) is a brisk 10 minute walk from Cork City Centre. Cobh station is only a 3 minute walk to Cobh town centre and only a 1 minute walk to Cobh Heritage centre.

The full train schedule can be searched for here www.irishrail.ie Just key in FROM (Cork Kent) TO (Cobh).

It's a lovely journey all along the waterfront, and I would recommend it..

There is no bus service between Cork City and Cobh, and indeed, there is no need for it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork city to Cobh

Thanks so much blackgreen and Bryno for your in depth knowledge. Another question - I am very unlikely to find any accomodation in Cobh (unless you correct me) during the Titanic week (April 13- 15th) so am thinking of staying in the City. My budget is £50 per night max - can you recommend either a decent B&B or hostel even. I've stayed in some fantastic hostels in Galway and up North so hopefully there is a newish hostel which is decent enough.

Thanks again!

mike

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cork city to Cobh

What I can't do is recommend a place to you as I haven't stayed in and B&B in Cork. But going on location and the TripAdvisor rankings

- Kent House is a B&B very close to the station and ranked 12/57

- Auburn House is less than 10 minutes walk from the station and is ranked 3/57

There are a number of other B&Bs by the station.

For hostels, Bru Bar and Sheila's are both close to the station

cork city ireland
Level Contributor
131 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cork city to Cobh

If you want a Hostel then Sheilas Hostel on Wellington road in Cork City is a good location ,Its ten min stroll to Kent Railway station

6. Re: Cork city to Cobh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:16