We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Leinster House

Springfield...
Level Contributor
50 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Leinster House

How can I get a tour of Leinster House during my upcoming trip to Dublin? Is it worth a visit?

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Leinster House

It my understanding non-Ireland residents need to arrange a visit through their embassy. We contacted the Canadian embassy who made the arrangements for us: need to do this before you arrive in Ireland to ensure there is adequate time for the tour to be arranged. We really enjoyed it; the building is beautiful.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
50 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Leinster House

I'll contact the Embassy, thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Leinster House

Funsun60 is exactly right. The tours are free but you will need to arrange one through your own embassy in Dublin. Contact details for the US Embassy in Dublin:

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/contact.html

Atlanta, Georgia
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Leinster House

Yet again, this forum has helped me without my even asking! Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Leinster House

by the way, the best days to visit are tuesdays and wednesdays when the taoiseach (prime minister) is there to answer questions. if you're 'lucky' there might be an important policy debate going on (being a politics nerd, i consider that lucky, others might not!).

The other days can be very boring, with not many deputies in the house or attending debates.

You can see the schedeule for this week, as an example, here

taoiseach.gov.ie/eng/…

Edited: 07 November 2010, 15:24
6. Re: Tour Leinster House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2011, 00:15