We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
14 posts
Save Topic
Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

Going in June with teens. We have day trips planned but want to stay in town, within walking distance so they can browse around. Any ideas?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

Have you done any research yourself yet?

14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

YesI have been looking for a month now, but things are too expensive for hotels and I am not sure how I find out about B & Bs reputation.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
162 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

Everyone says to stay out of Temple Bar area but price was important to us as well and we have two young adults in our party. I wanted them to be able to find things close by at night so we went with Temple Bar Hotel on Fleet St. They had a special of 3 nights for the price of 2 which gave us an effective rate of 70 euros/room with breakfast. TripAdvisor reviews are decent and we've asked for quiet rooms and going midweek so hopefully it won't be too horrible.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

have you looked at Best Western Plus Academy Plaza....when we went 3 adults in Sept 2009 it was the most reasonable priced hotel at the time. Others wer coming up at lest 3 times the cost. The hotel was good, great location...the hoponhopoff busses almost out the door, airport bus too but still a quieter location than right in downtown. It was a flat easy 10-15 min walk to Temple Bar area which was busy & hectic. There is a pub right next door to the hotel but as I requested a quiet room didnt hear a thing from the pub though walking past there was always people in there. Just a suggestion.. click on top lefthand corner..Dublin Hotels & read the reviews.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

Try http://www.hotelscomparison.com/ What is your price bracket? Many B&B's are more expensive than hotels.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

Have you checked out any of the budget hotels. Jury's Inns have hotels which are in the centre of town and sleep 3 adults.

www.jurysinns.com

The one in Parnell Street would be most central, with Custom House Quay pretty close too

14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

thanks all, I went ahead and booked Jurys at Christchurch. It went over my budget but after spending days of reading reviews I feel like this might be the best for the first part of our trip.

8. Re: Sugestions for hotels or B&B right in dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:17