We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oyster Festival

Nashville, Tennessee
5 posts
1 review
Oyster Festival

Hi everyone! I will be in Galway the weekend of the Oyster Festival. I can not find much about it online. I also read about a seafood train that is part of it- do you have to buy tickets for that or just go to the places that are participating? I was looking at the Friday night tickets- 70 Euros pp. Is it worth that?

4 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
22,224 posts
292 reviews
1. Re: Oyster Festival

Links below for the Galway International Oyster and Seafood Festival

http://galwayoysterfestival.com/

https://www.galwaytourism.ie/pGalway-Interna…

Hope this info helps.

Kesh_grammy

7 posts
1 review
2. Re: Oyster Festival

Have you been?

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Oyster Festival

I went last year... honestly, I was a little disappointed, at least, with the main event. For your ticket entry, you get a plate of oysters, a small lunch, and 1-2 drinks. There weren't a lot of seats, and it was tough to see the oyster shucking competition. I think I'd rather have spent the day touring Galway. It wasn't a bad time, but I think not worth it for the price.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Connemara, The Burren, Galway, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
101 reviews
4. Re: Oyster Festival

Back in the day this event had some relationship to Galway when it was run by the locals, or at least they had a good input into the series of planned events. It's now run by some private corporate entity on profit basis.

I would soak up the atmosphere around the event in the Quay Street area. But I wouldn't shelve out any money to see the listed series of antics associated with the festival.

Edited: 15 July 2018, 04:32
Reply to: Oyster Festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations