We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Galway

Boston...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire - Galway

Hi,

So I am renting a car from Galway to check out Limerick/Cashel/Waterford/Thomastown/Kilkenny over a three day period and then dropping the car back off in Dublin.

I was hoping to go with Hertz but their Galway Airport location is closed until 10/31/12, which stinks because thet got such good reviews.

Can anyone recommend any other car companies in Galway?

Thanks,

Ivy

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,930 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Galway

The only company operating out of Galway city are Budget. Perfectly good company which I have used problem free Ireland and UK for 30years.

Their current Discount code is ... spring12

Boston...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Galway

Now do their quotes include CDW and everything you really need as long as you don't check decline CDW?

Also I was trying to book online and there is no place to add in promotional codes.

Edited: 22 March 2012, 14:38
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,930 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Galway

Looks like the promo might have ended.

I would send them an email for a detailed quote and ask about the discount at the same time.

NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - Galway

Ivy, click on "Get a Quote" at the top, then you'll see the link "I have a promotion/discount code" at the left. I had a hard time finding it myself. Just checked the website and the spring12 code is still good (thanks, Tony).

5. Re: Car Hire - Galway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:16