We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin>WMNP>Kilkenny>Cork

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin>WMNP>Kilkenny>Cork

Greetings!

The morning of September 8th we'll be departing after one night in Dublin and would like to spend a few hours taking in the sites of the Wicklow Mountains National Park (Glendalough) and then head off to Kilkenny to site see for the rest of the day and spend the night. We have no expectations, though the Castle and Smithwicks would probably be on our list of things to do. Is this a possibility for the day if we leave Dublin early and don't spend too much time in the park? If so, what is the best route to take? We will have a rental car. I have not yet booked a room in Kilkenny but am planning on it based on responses.

The next morning (Saturday the 9th) our hope is to venture to Cork/Cobh/Kinsale for the night via the best route, also based on your advice! I have my eye on a few airbnb's in that area as well and I plan to book shortly. We have heard Fishy Fishy is a nice place to eat in Kinsale and are considering that for our Saturday night meal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Wicklow Mountains National Park
Wicklow Mountains...
1,037 Reviews
Glendalough Village, Ireland
Kilkenny
Kilkenny
County Kilkenny, Ireland
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Cobh
Cobh
County Cork, Ireland
Kinsale
Kinsale
County Cork, Ireland
Glendalough and Wicklow Mountains Day...
203 Reviews
from US$39.30*
Wild Wicklow Tour including...
2,096 Reviews
from US$39.30*
Free Cancellation
Wicklow Day Trip with Guided Walk...
53 Reviews
from US$41.70*
Free Cancellation
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,908 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin>WMNP>Kilkenny>Cork

Check out tony2phones maps in his response to this query:

https:/…84160226

At the very least, it will resurrect your topic.

The WMNP sounds like a radio station!!

2. Re: Dublin>WMNP>Kilkenny>Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2018, 01:18