We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddle Wagon Tours question

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Paddle Wagon Tours question

Hi, we will be staying in Adare for 6 nights and planning on taking several road trips. I've been debating between visiting Dingle Peninsula and/or Ring of Kerry. I've also looked into day tours which Paddle Wagon tours offers from Limerick to both locations. Do you think it would be worthwhile to see both or just visit one area? Has anyone done the paddle wagon tours to either of these places? Although, we'll have a rental car, we've never driven on the "opposite" side of the road and a bit hesitant. Any advise would be great appreciated!

Ontario
Level Contributor
714 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Paddle Wagon Tours question

We used Paddy Wagon tours for a private tour to Cork and the Blarney Stone. Four of us in the group. Our driver was Gabriel (sp) and he was wonderful. He was so personable and had some great, funny stories. Picked us up at our hotel, The George in Limerick, in a spacious Mercedes van at 9am and we were back around 5:30pm. He took us to some wonderful little towns and some unique pubs.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paddle Wagon Tours question

HI, I have the same type of question but we have no car and we only have a day to spend on a day tour from Limerick. Between Ring of Kerry and Dingle day tour with Paddy Wagon, which would people recommend? Thank you in advance for your help.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,809 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Paddle Wagon Tours question

well, this is going to be a long day on a coach, so I will say Dingle because it is slight nearer, quite a bit shorter and should involve less sitting on a coach time (Its also a lot nicer!).

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,608 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Paddle Wagon Tours question

As a choice of day tour from Limerick then the Dingle tour will be the shortest option.. Their other option from Limerick is I believe the Cliffs of Moher and Burren tour..

Which is nicest is highly subjective and on Trip Advisor's forum disproportionately bias.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,590 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Paddle Wagon Tours question

Isn't it interesting that when a large majority of people have one opinion, and Tony2Phones has a different one, it's "disproportionately bias" (sic)

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,401 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Paddle Wagon Tours question

There is another tour company operating out of Limerick called Barratts Tours. They are highly regarded and worth looking at as well

http://www.4tours.biz/

Tony, is Auntie Dingle. He does his best to steer people away from the area so his opinions are negatively biased against the area.

I know the Ring of Kerry, Dingle and Kerry all relatively well and I would say that any one of the three will provide you with a day to remember.

What you should do is go to www.googlemaps.com and use the yellow man to trace each of the itineraries. Then make up your own mind.

17. Re: Paddle Wagon Tours question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2016, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Limerick