We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to RIAT....need suggestions for hotels

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Going to RIAT....need suggestions for hotels

I'm heading to RIAT 2013 from Bermuda...so I don't drive in the UK. I see from the RIAT website that shuttle buses will run from Swindon to RAF Fairford, but I'm unfamiliar with the area. Does anyone know where these buses usually leave from and the nearest hotels? I don't want to have to walk miles in an unfamiliar area at odd times of day or night. By the same token, I don't want to have to take out a mortgage to pay for a hotel!!! :)

I'm grateful for responses...

Thanks!

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to RIAT....need suggestions for hotels

Sorry I did not make that clear I'm talking about a regular bus service not the special shuttle buses for the show I may have it slightly wrong but I've read several posts that say the regular bus service is very infrequent and from Fairford centre to the show is still a couple fo miles walk.

Someone said the bus driver may drop you off a little nearer if you ask but no guarantee

Seems to me there must be several hundred peopl going Thurs and Friday I just need to find them and bum a ride

Peter in boston

Swindon
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Going to RIAT....need suggestions for hotels

I wish we were around, we could have put you up but we're missing it this year, we'll be away. My husband goes on the Thursday and Friday too, cycles there generally. Hope you get sorted out, have fun.

1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Going to RIAT....need suggestions for hotels

I would have suggested trying our local Cirencester tourist information centre. For years they asked the locals to offer B & B for the few nights . After the years that were a washout they changed it , partly due to complaints from the registered hotels, but they still run a list though they charge us an admin fee and only offer the list if you know to ask for it! We didn't get anybody last year so haven't bothered this year. We have made some good friends over the years so if you are still desperate for somewhere to stay then ask for the list

14. Re: Going to RIAT....need suggestions for hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 08:15