We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to maidstone from heatrow airport

SFO
2 posts
Save Topic
to maidstone from heatrow airport

i want to go to maidstone from heatrow airport...which is the cheapest way to reach there

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: to maidstone from heatrow airport

The cheapest way will be tube or National Express caoch into central London and National Express or Green Line out again.

Green Line only operates at commuter times - National Express is the London - Dover service but only stops in Maidstone three times a day.

There are much more frequent trains at a somewhat higher price

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Dover
Dover
Kent, UK
Maidstone
Maidstone
Kent, UK
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
54,500 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to maidstone from heatrow airport

Seconded - I once lived near there. Use London Underground Heathrow to Victoria then Southeastern trains from Victoria to Maidstone East. The latter operate a train every 30 minutes most of the day but only once every hour (direct) on Sundays and Holidays. Journey Victoria to Maidstone just over 1 hour. One way fare £13.90 plus London Underground ticket cost of which I don't know.

The only bus services from London to Maidstone are as mentioned - commuter runs in weekday rush hours only (www.greenline.co.uk) and three National Express buses each day.

Mentioned in this post
London Underground
London Underground
30,947 Reviews
London, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Maidstone
Maidstone
Kent, UK
London
London
England, UK
London
Level Contributor
419 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to maidstone from heatrow airport

I agree on the tube/train journey. Once in Maidstone you might need a taxi. It's not huge but if you are staying away from the town centre it'll be an extra cost. There are local buses though.

Mentioned in this post
Maidstone
Maidstone
Kent, UK
4. Re: to maidstone from heatrow airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Maidstone
Recent Conversations