We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Maidstone to Grain Power Station

A Coruna
2 posts
Save Topic
Distance from Maidstone to Grain Power Station

My husband is coming from America to work on the Grain Power Station. I will be arriving several days later. We expect to be there about 2 months. We don't especially want to stay in a small hotel room the whole time. Any suggestions? Are there business condos available or even holiday homes? How far, and how difficult will travel time be between Maidstone and the power station?

Thanks, Sally

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Maidstone to Grain Power Station

Sally

You haven't said how your husband would get to and from the Power Station, I assume he will be driving. I would be very surprised if there were any business condos as it is not very built up and is not that type of area. Maidstone(plenty of shops) if a possibility but have you could also look at Rochester (Charles Dickens Bleak House is here) or Gravesend (Pocohontis' burial place). You haven't said what time of year you will be here. Maybe some of the holiday let firms can give a special offer for a two month stay, for example English Country Cottages or Cottages 4 You or even many local estate agents (real estate) in the areas have letting departments.

Marg

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,501 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Maidstone to Grain Power Station

Maidstone to the Isle of Grain power station is about 22 miles and my journey planner says 34 minutes - longer in rush hour of course!

I know the Maidstone area quite well having lived nearby for 35 years. You should not have much difficulty in finding a short-term rental property in the area, although many of the lets are unfurnished I think.

If you search google for "maidstone estate agents" you can see what's generally around at the moment. A quick look brought up a two bedroom furnished house for £750 a month, which is about the standard price I saw when last in the area three weeks ago.

You will need to make enquiries about the various areas and neighbourhoods once you have narrowed down your search.

Trust that helps and enjoy your stay in the Garden of England.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Maidstone to Grain Power Station

I have had a second thought about your property search and remembered about the www.rightmove.co.uk site where estate agents show properties for sale and rent. You may like to look to see if there is anything there for you but at least it gives you contact information of estate agents with whom you could talk.

4. Re: Distance from Maidstone to Grain Power Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 13:21
Get answers to your questions about Maidstone
Recent Conversations