We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maidstone to Tudor Park Hotel to pick up hire car

Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Maidstone to Tudor Park Hotel to pick up hire car

We will be travelling from London to Maidstone to collect a hire car from Hertz (on a Wednesday in June). Originally thought the car could be picked up in Maidstone itself but now have discovered we need to get to the Tudor Park Hotel to collect it from the Hertz Office there. Need to know the best way to do this. Thought we could catch the train to Maidstone East and then catch a cab, but from the Station Facilities list there appears to be no Taxi rank at that station. Would there still be taxis around (we will arrive some time between 9.30 and 10.00 am) for us to hail one, or should we catch the train to Maidstone West which has a taxi rank but seems to be a fair bit further away from Tudor Park? We will have a bit of luggage so public buses are probably not an option

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Special Offer
Leeds Castle, Cliffs of Dover and...
773 Reviews
from US$114.30*
US$127.00
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral...
120 Reviews
from US$123.00*
Special Offer
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral...
113 Reviews
from US$71.00*
US$78.90
Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
1. Re: Maidstone to Tudor Park Hotel to pick up hire car

Sorry, I meant to say Bearstead (not East Maidstone which does have a taxi rank) station has no taxi rank and is a lot closer. I was wondering if it was still possible to pick up a cab from here to get to the Tudor park. Looks too far to walk pulling luggage along.

Grateful for any advice.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
57,352 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Maidstone to Tudor Park Hotel to pick up hire car

I used to live near there. Even the Tudor Park hotel recommends Maidstone East as the nearest station.

Maidstone East does have a taxi rank, see

www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/stations.php…

Maidstone East is right in the centre of town so even there isn't a taxi at the station you would able to phone for one without problem.

Silly place to have a car rental office!

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Maidstone to Tudor Park Hotel to pick up hire car

You will definitely need to get off the train at Maidstone East to find a taxi as Bearsted is a small village station without a taxi rank.

You should arrive in Maidstone at platform 2 if you're travelling from London - turn sharp right at the station exit and after a few paces, at the top of the slope, you'll find the taxi office where you can order a cab and even sit down and wait in the unlikely event that there isn't one immediately available.

The Tudor Park Hotel is on the main road between Maidstone and Bearsted and only about 5 minutes drive from the station.

Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
4. Re: Maidstone to Tudor Park Hotel to pick up hire car

Thank you for your advice. I will catch the train to Maidstone East and catch a cab from there.

5. Re: Maidstone to Tudor Park Hotel to pick up hire car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 04:22
Get answers to your questions about Maidstone
Recent Conversations